Sword with Sheath
A sword and Mori leatherwork sheath. The sheath is decorated with horizontal and perpendicular impressed bands and two embossed buttons on the front. Two tassels are attached to the sheath, each with three plaited leather beads, along with a belt of nine plaited leather strings. Mori or Mandingo leatherwork is traditionally associated with Muslim elites and comes from the Northern Province of Sierra Leone.
- Type: Weapons, armour
- Object: Sword with Sheath
- Materials: Leather, animal skin, Metal
- Culture Group: Fula, Mandingo
- Dimensions: Unknown
- Production Date: Pre 1899
- Associated Places: Unknown
- Associated People: Thomas Joshua Alldridge (Collector)
- Museum: Brighton Museum and Art Gallery
- Accession Number: BMAG:R3483/91
Dagger and Sheath
Double Bladed Knife.
Weapons, armour, Religious/ritual equipment, charms